Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a good FB Guide and stat build

Quote Originally Posted by KaosStorm View Post
    You'd be correct about that; most videos I've seen are pre-Transcender skills.

Also, could someone clarify for me the benefits of using Force slash at higher levels?
    It's a pretty quick attack with -62 HP per 2 seconds (total of -248). So stacked with something like Force Assualt and Inf. Imp. you'll have a -1xx HP (varies depending on II's lvl).

As for guides, there have been many on these forums, but you'd have to do some digging. I think it's kinda sad that we've not had some of the good ones stickied, but there have been plenty with info enough for new players, not selfish like you said. You just have to actually put some real effort into looking.

For example: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...e-Blader-Guide
    On the older side of things, but still most of it is the same.

And believe it or not, but the Cabalwiki is also a good source of info. I'm upset people have not used this enough. It's no longer what most people remembered it to be. And it's still receiving updates.
    http://www.cabalwiki.com/wiki/Cabal_Wiki
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 02-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.

This page has had 11,140 visits (wow 10k already?)
    Skin links are broken. Thank rapidshare for deleting my account randomly. I will not be using them again. Updates WIP.
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com
    I'm bad at videogames, yet I'll still keep trying

Thanks for those links (and one of those times when getting proved wrong actually makes me feel good), Valdoroth.

About Cabal Wiki, the very little stuff I know about Cabal is precisely thanks to that, but there are some things that aren't precisely apparent on a read-through of skill descriptions.

EDIT: So Force slash is more of a PvP oriented-skill, because of the DPS focus on it.
    Last edited by KaosStorm; 02-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Generally, yes force slash is more pvp oriented, but I started using it in PVE around 145 and it was much more effective in helping me level, I reached 150 it roughly 6 hours of play time vs 8 hours from 140-145. It allows you to spam ASN more which is your main skill, and at cornus/brachium gives you 500k exp per hit, assuming you have 950 atk at 140 of course

Shadow Titanium
    perfect stunlock: infernal stigma, assassinate, rising shot, force slash, assassinate (cycle and you have to hit as close to excellent as possible)
    use that till like 165 and then we'll discuss pvp/pk/dung/war.

Shadow Titanium
    also, for stats. minumum str/int for gear requirements. all other stat points in dex

stunlock should only be used if you start dying too much. seal>ASN>II gets better experience output, but has the problem of not having a stun move. With the exception of my EoD B2F runs, I only died twice(that I can remember) from 125-170, and that was just from dumb luck and I only used stunlock for about 10 levels before I realized you don't need that much defense for MF/PF as you did when I leveled my archer. I never tried that version of stunlock, but if you can use assassinate twice in the rotation I could see how it might be more effective then the standard IS>II>ASN>DoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmastah View Post
    stunlock should only be used if you start dying too much. seal>ASN>II gets better experience output, but has the problem of not having a stun move. With the exception of my EoD B2F runs, I only died twice(that I can remember) from 125-170, and that was just from dumb luck and I only used stunlock for about 10 levels before I realized you don't need that much defense for MF/PF as you did when I leveled my archer. I never tried that version of stunlock, but if you can use assassinate twice in the rotation I could see how it might be more effective then the standard IS>II>ASN>DoR.
    you my good sir do not know a thing about FB. come back when you past at least 175 ok? thx? bai?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    <Sith Code>

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    you my good sir do not know a thing about FB. come back when you past at least 175 ok? thx? bai?
    I'm 178 actually, what about that made it sound as if I don't know anything about FB exactly?

I'm asking that because I'm willing to learn if I'm wrong about something, not trying to argue.
    Last edited by Zmastah; 02-09-2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: horrible grammar fail

Banned
    lv.9 Assassinate is gross >:

I'm kind of torn on that, for seal>asn>II, 12 should be what level it's on, but for my personal PVE combo and the one I posted that uses DoR and force slash, I would use it on 9 cause it lets you use it more than once as well as combo with level 15 seal, which I do realize I said that was on 9 on the first page but mine is 15. my infernal impact is 12, and they can still but used the way I posted before. I think everyone has a little different strategy. I make sure that I use all of the added effects of seal. Some people might want the simpler combos and I understand that also, I just try to maximize my DPS, and since I mostly run dungeons or pvp, my combo is more focus on dishing out high damage. For grinding purposes seal>asn>II is probably the best, though I compared that and my combo from 175-176 and with my combo I got approximately 1.5% more than with the seal>asn>II over the course of an hour. It's all preference, it's not really not knowing about the class.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast